Tuesday, July 1, 2008

This Will Change My Life

Here I am in two before shots. My starting weight is.......166.......I feel like I just told my deepest secret, well, maybe not the deepest one. I am a typical woman in America. I don't want people to know my weight. However, my life right now is all about just that, my weight. I just finished packing my bag for the hospital. I probably packed too much reading material. I always do. I kept it to two magazines and the book I'm reading, A Whole New Mind by Daniel Pink. It's about moving from the information age to the conceptual age. Let's just say you are in a good place if you are an artist or designer. How awesome is that? I highly recommend it to anyone who wants an honest look at how the the way we do business in the world is changing.

It's 11:15 PM and I need to go to bed. The problem is I'm not tired. I'm nervous and excited about tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 AM. That means getting up no later than 4:45 AM. Hopefully I can sleep at least a little. At the hospital I'll be prepared for the surgery. I'll get an IV and have compression stockings put on to keep the blood pumping. They are supposed to help keep me from getting a blood clot. I will meet with the anesthesiologist and discuss my options for post-surgical pain relief. I'd like to go with the pump but not a morphine one. Morphine makes me very sick. Hopefully they can do a different drug. Then I can just hit the button when I need a dose.

I asked my mom to take some pictures in the hospital for the blog. If I am up to it I'll jot a few notes to share when I get home. I think I come home on Saturday morning provided all goes well. Wish me luck and say a prayer.

No comments: