Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jello is Not a Food Group

Today the pre-surgery clear liquid diet began. I'll be on this diet until July 16th. Of course tomorrow through Friday I'll have nothing but an IV. I have a feeling that I am going to develop a very strong distaste for Jello by the time I move to full liquids. Maybe that will change after surgery when I don't actually feel hungry. Right now I feel like I could eat my arm. Today's menu included both raspberry and orange sugar free Jello, Red Punch Gatorade, popcicles, chicken broth, fruit juice and water. This is not exactly a divine dining experience. I'll just have to reflect on my Red Lobster experience last Sunday. It is most definitely better than having to take a bowel prep. I was afraid I'd have to do that and was quite relieved to find out it wasn't necessary. I can say one thing. The all clear liquid diet definitely moves anything in your system, out. I guess that it part of its purpose. I cannot have any thing at all after 9PM except two necessary medications in the morning.

No comments: