Sunday, July 20, 2008

Full Bloom

Friday night was the opening for my exhibition at 171 Cedar Arts Center in Corning. I am exhibiting with Ithaca artist Stan Bowman. We both work digitally with flowers but have contrasting visions within the subject matter. The opening was nicely attended and it was good to see so many friends. I had applied for the show nearly two years ago and had a long wait after my work was accepted. The Houghton Gallery at 171 is a great space and it's very humbling to be able to show where many talented artists have gone before me.

This morning my scale showed a total loss of 22.5 pounds. The progress continues and I am feeling very, very good. My energy level is starting to return to normal although my abs still tell me when I should stop. I am now walking a couple of miles a day consistently. Sometimes I am able to do more. We've had periodic rain this week and a few walks were cut short by thunderstorms.

This week I have an appointment with my regular nurse practitioner. She will work with me to adjust my remaining medications as I continue to lose weight. She'll also keep tabs on my electrolytes and blood counts so that I don't get out of sync with normal levels. I cannot believe that we only have a week left of July. This summer is flying by.


No comments: